Tuesday, January 26, 2010

December-January Contest Winner.


Dallas Freyer

1.    My favorite Heartstring Designs product: If the monthly Housecalls Kit is considered a product, that is definitely my favorite. It is by far the best kit I’ve seen in the industry because it has such wonderful current product every month. Plus it comes with full color layout ideas and instructions. Great for the beginner that wants advanced pages, the intermediate scrapbooker that gets stuck and needs inspiration, or the advanced that wants to receive the latest products every month. If the kits are not considered a product, then certainly the matboard embellishments are my next favorite. They are the perfect thickness for adding dimension to any layout easily distressed or dressed up. I love, love, love them!
2.    I am from Corpus Christi, Texas – Home of Padre Island.
3.    My five favorite things: Cat Eye chalk ink, Zip Dry Glue, Thickers, brads, and mat board embellishments.
4.    One of my biggest inspirations has always been Becky Higgins. I am not an inherently creative person and tend to scraplift most all of my layouts. Becky’s sketches gave me the right amount of guidance while allowing me to really feel like I did the layout myself. I have always admired how she seemed to be able to balance family and working for Creating Keepsakes, and still find time to truly enjoy scrapbooking. I still keep up with her new endeavors.
5.    I guess if I could only have one item it would have to be cardstock. As painful as it would be, I think I could still get a decent page done with just cardstock – of course there would be a bunch of tearing involved.
6.    I use Cat eye chalk ink pads on just about every one of my layouts. I use them on the edges of the background and on the mat board embellishments.
7.    My blog address is http://dallasscrapbook.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

missyscott99 said...

Where is the picture of her layout?