Saturday, June 22, 2013

{Guest Designer Chris Buttanda}


We would like to Welcome Chris Buttanda from Crafting with Chris!!! 
Get to know Chris a little bit more and learn how he became a crafter.
Take it away Chris....
Christopher Buttanda - CraftWithChris
I was born and raised in East LA, Southern CA, and have lived in Utah for the past 20 years. I’ve been divorced, but remain the loving father of a 23 year old daughter, Ciera. Currently a Master Sergeant in the Air Force Reserves and have worked for the Department of Defense as a Civilian for 10 years.
Firstly introduced to paper crafting by a friend, Maureen, in 2011. I can recall my first adventure to a paper crafting store, it was crazy and overwhelming. I was surprised how much product there was for this hobby, my hobby, especially how people actually spend money on paper! Although I was a bit uncomfortable, being the only dude shopping for craft supplies. I started creating 12x12 scrapbook pages of my daughter’s childhood/baby photos. Afterword, I found YouTube and used it as a research tool to learn about different mediums with which to create, in the privacy of my home.

In January of 2013, I was encouraged by my friend, RJ, to do a YouTube video on some of my cards. It gives me great fulfillment seeing the comments made about my videos. People were stating how I have inspired them to create. It’s a great feeling. I enjoy art journaling, making cards, and scrapbook here and there. Although I’ve been on YouTube only 6 months, amazingly enough, I have almost 300 subscribers and over 4,000 views on my little videos. I am humbled and honored that people like my work and enjoy watching my goofy videos!

Be sure to Follow Chris on Facebook and Youtube {HERE} and {HERE}

2 comments:

AngelwithEDGE said...

I love craft with Chris! He's always so open when talking. Even though I have no talent for craft me makes me want to try an just enjoy myself and creat.

AngelwithEDGE said...

*create lol ;P